Stephen Zabielski - “Prayer is the breath of the soul"

And this which your eyes now behold, this small beginning of twelve commonplace men, shall multiply and grow until eventually the whole earth shall be filled with the praise of my Father.

Stephen Zabielski - “Prayer is the breath of the soul"

Unread postby stevez606 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:19 am

Stephen Zabielski - “Prayer is the breath of the soul
Stephen Zabielski
Image(1619.1) 144:2.3 “Prayer is the breath of the soul and should lead you to be persistent in your attempt to ascertain the Father’s will. If any one of you has a neighbor, and you go to him at midnight and say: ‘Friend, lend me three loaves, for a friend of mine on a journey has come to see me, and I have nothing to set before him’; and if your neighbor answers, ‘Trouble me not, for the door is now shut and the children and I are in bed; therefore I cannot rise and give you bread,’ you will persist, explaining that your friend hungers, and that you have no food to offer him. I say to you, though your neighbor will not rise and give you bread because he is your friend, yet because of your importunity he will get up and give you as many loaves as you need. If, then, persistence will win favors even from mortal man, how much more will your persistence in the spirit win the bread of life for you from the willing hands of the Father in heaven. Again I say to you: Ask and it shall be given you; seek and you shall find; knock and it shall be opened to you. For every one who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks the door of salvation will be opened.--- The Urantia Book ---

Stephen Zabielski
The Seven Conditions of Effective Prayer
Image(1002.6) 91:9.1 If you would engage in effective praying, you should bear in mind the laws of prevailing petitions:

Image(1002.7) 91:9.2 1. You must qualify as a potent prayer by sincerely and courageously facing the problems of universe reality. You must possess cosmic stamina.

Image(1002.8) 91:9.3 2. You must have honestly exhausted the human capacity for human adjustment. You must have been industrious.

Image(1002.9) 91:9.4 3. You must surrender every wish of mind and every craving of soul to the transforming embrace of spiritual growth. You must have experienced an enhancement of meanings and an elevation of values.

Image(1002.10) 91:9.5 4. You must make a wholehearted choice of the divine will. You must obliterate the dead center of indecision.

Image(1002.11) 91:9.6 5. You not only recognize the Father’s will and choose to do it, but you have effected an unqualified consecration, and a dynamic dedication, to the actual doing of the Father’s will.

Image(1002.12) 91:9.7 6. Your prayer will be directed exclusively for divine wisdom to solve the specific human problems encountered in the Paradise ascension — the attainment of divine perfection.

Image(1002.13) 91:9.8 7. And you must have faith — living faith.--- The Urantia Book ---

Stephen Zabielski
Image(1001.12) 91:8.8 Modern man is perplexed by the thought of talking things over with God in a purely personal way. Many have abandoned regular praying; they only pray when under unusual pressure — in emergencies. Man should be unafraid to talk to God, but only a spiritual child would undertake to persuade, or presume to change, God.

(1002.1) 91:8.9 But real praying does attain reality. Even when the air currents are ascending, no bird can soar except by outstretched wings. Prayer elevates man because it is a technique of progressing by the utilization of the ascending spiritual currents of the universe.

(1002.2) 91:8.10 Genuine prayer adds to spiritual growth, modifies attitudes, and yields that satisfaction which comes from communion with divinity. It is a spontaneous outburst of God-consciousness.
--- The Urantia Book

Stephen Zabielski
When a person expresses doubt as to the goodness and value of religion, what they are really confessing to is his or her failure to embrace faith. Without faith spiritual realities are unknowable, while with faith they are as apparent as the sun and stars above and the earth beneath our feet. And while faith is given as a gift, meaning it is not the mind playing "make believe" but an actual reality bestowed upon any soul who empties his cup, it must nonetheless be a gift that is sincerely desired. God imposes nothing upon his children, not even the greatest of things such as faith which invariably leads to another gift --- eternal life and that gift sets the stage for receiving a well-nigh infinite number of gifts throughout an eternity of eternities. The fundamental truth of the matter is that it is, indeed, impossible to grasp all that God has in store for his children who as mortals accept him by faith and choose to be led by his spirit throughout the rest of their lives both here and in heaven.

Said Jesus:

Image1766.4) 159:3.8 "The world is filled with hungry souls who famish in the very presence of the bread of life; men die searching for the very God who lives within them. Men seek for the treasures of the kingdom with yearning hearts and weary feet when they are all within the immediate grasp of living faith. Faith is to religion what sails are to a ship; it is an addition of power, not an added burden of life. There is but one struggle for those who enter the kingdom, and that is to fight the good fight of faith. The believer has only one battle, and that is against doubt — unbelief." --- The Urantia Book

Stephen Zabielski
Image113:2.5 1002.3) 91:8.11 God answers man’s prayer by giving him an increased revelation of truth, an enhanced appreciation of beauty, and an augmented concept of goodness. Prayer is a subjective gesture, but it contacts with mighty objective realities on the spiritual levels of human experience; it is a meaningful reach by the human for superhuman values. It is the most potent spiritual-growth stimulus.

(1002.4) 91:8.12 Words are irrelevant to prayer; they are merely the intellectual channel in which the river of spiritual supplication may chance to flow. The word value of a prayer is purely autosuggestive in private devotions and sociosuggestive in group devotions. God answers the soul’s attitude, not the words.

(1002.5) 91:8.13 Prayer is not a technique of escape from conflict but rather a stimulus to growth in the very face of conflict. Pray only for values, not things; for growth, not for gratification.
--- The Urantia Book ---

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Join the discussion:
You must be logged in to post a comment. If you haven't registered yet, click here to register. (It's quick, easy and free. And we won't give your email address to anyone.)
stevez606

Are you a student of the Urantia Book?: Yes, I am a reader of the Uranta Book.
Urantia Book Study Poll: 36

Return to Ambassador Pages