Stephen Zabielski - Simply teaching friendship with God

And this which your eyes now behold, this small beginning of twelve commonplace men, shall multiply and grow until eventually the whole earth shall be filled with the praise of my Father.

Unread postby stevez606 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:19 am

Stephen Zabielski
Mocking God in the entertainment industry has grown quite common in the past few decades. I remember when the media would never allow disparaging comments or images of Jesus be aired if for no other reason than to be respectful to the 2 billion worldwide who believe he is God and love him. But such considerations are now no longer universal. Just yesterday I heard a young teenager relate a book she was reading online about Jesus and Hitler together as lovers. I was reminded while she related the story to some other children the following teaching from The Urantia Book:

Image(1766.5) 159:3.9 In preaching the gospel of the kingdom, you are simply teaching friendship with God. And this fellowship will appeal alike to men and women in that both will find that which most truly satisfies their characteristic longings and ideals. Tell my children that I am not only tender of their feelings and patient with their frailties, but that I am also ruthless with sin and intolerant of iniquity. I am indeed meek and humble in the presence of my Father, but I am equally and relentlessly inexorable where there is deliberate evil-doing and sinful rebellion against the will of my Father in heaven. --- The Urantia Book

Stephen Zabielski

ImageNever be guilty of such unworthy tactics as endeavoring to frighten men and women into the kingdom. A loving father does not frighten his children into yielding obedience to his just requirements. --- Jesus _ The Urantia Book

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Join the discussion:
You must be logged in to post a comment. If you haven't registered yet, click here to register. (It's quick, easy and free. And we won't give your email address to anyone.)
stevez606

Are you a student of the Urantia Book?: Yes, I am a reader of the Uranta Book.
Urantia Book Study Poll: 36

Return to Ambassador Pages