Stephen Zabielski - THE ETERNAL GOAL

And this which your eyes now behold, this small beginning of twelve commonplace men, shall multiply and grow until eventually the whole earth shall be filled with the praise of my Father.

Unread postby stevez606 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:09 am

Stephen Zabielski

From the heights of eternal glory the divine Spirit descends, by a long series of steps, to meet you as you are and where you are and then, in the partnership of faith, lovingly to embrace the soul of mortal origin and to embark on the sure and certain retracement of those steps of condescension, never stopping until the evolutionary soul is safely exalted to the very heights of bliss from which the divine Spirit originally sallied forth on this mission of mercy and ministry.” (380.4) 34:6.3 --- THE URANTIA BOOK

Stephen Zabielski

Image“It is the presence of the divine Spirit, the water of life, that prevents the consuming thirst of mortal discontent and that indescribable hunger of the unspiritualized human mind. Spirit-motivated beings ‘never thirst, for this spiritual water shall be in them a well of satisfaction springing up into life everlasting.' Such divinely watered souls are all but independent of material environment as regards the joys of living and the satisfactions of earthly existence. They are spiritually illuminated and refreshed, morally strengthened and endowed. ”. --- (381.2) 34:6.8 John 4:13, 14 ---

Stephen Zabielski
Image"Man's greatest victory is the conquest of himself."-- The Urantia Book

Photo: The self seen from the south.

If the self was a rugged mountain jutting up high above even the clouds with countless dangerous precipices to slip and fall a thousand feet from, or deep bottomless crevices to slip and vanish into complete darkness and unbearable cold, if there were dozens of avalanche and rock chutes posing constant danger to anyone so foolish as to attempt crossing them, as well as not one trail previously blazed that could assist an adventurous soul to climb it, then not only would that be very much like the self I have been attempting to conquer all my life, but one where every danger present upon it I have been a victim of at least once if not several times each, yet, to date, I haven't even reached the cloud line much less gone above it. When will the struggle and torture end? When will God’s hand reach down and lift me up to the top where the entire world can be seen again as new, full of love, potential, mystery, and wonder as it did when I was very, very young? It’s getting late and there is a blizzard. I think I will stop here and take a nap, just a short one.

Stephen Zabielski

ImageNever be guilty of such unworthy tactics as endeavoring to frighten men and women into the kingdom. A loving father does not frighten his children into yielding obedience to his just requirements. --- Jesus _ The Urantia Book

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Join the discussion:
You must be logged in to post a comment. If you haven't registered yet, click here to register. (It's quick, easy and free. And we won't give your email address to anyone.)
stevez606

Are you a student of the Urantia Book?: Yes, I am a reader of the Uranta Book.
Urantia Book Study Poll: 36

Return to Ambassador Pages