The Gospel Cosmic

Luke 9: 49 - 51 talks about a Strange Preacher, a fellow that preached the gospel without sanction of the official or original teachers i.e.: the Apostles or the Master. He was so inspired by the gospel that he took it upon himself to go out and preach the good news. When John saw this he spoke with Jesus and wanted him censured but Jesus forbade such action, declaring that 'he that is not against us, is for us.' Thus I model myself after the Strange Preacher.

I want to teach the gospel as I see it, without the constraints of tradition. However, I should make clear, I'm not personally opposed to any tradition. Strange Preacher Ministries recognises that while we all walk different religious paths we are one spiritual family and so seek to promote that sense of spiritual family by offering a forum whereby we can share the spiritual riches of our respective traditions
View my complete profile

The Gospel Cosmic

Unread postby The Strange Preacher » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:47 pm

Image ImageImage ImageImage

The Gospel Cosmic
Wednesday, 2 October 2013
The Gospel Cosmic

This is the Gospel: the one and only Ever Living, Ever Loving, All-Powerful God of all Creation is the Father of your soul. You are a child of this Ever Living, Ever Loving,All-Powerful Source from whence springs all things and beings, meanings and personalities, facts and values. If you can dare to accept this transforming truth, if you will allow it to sink down into the deeps of your being, then you are both in and of the Kin-Dom of God.

The primacy of this relationship precedes the formation of the world, precedes the establishment of borders and the division of humanity into the various races; it stood before the formation of even the galaxies and it therefore takes precedence over all these other incidental and coincidental factors. The moral obligation, the divine privilege, to serve this family precedes all other loyalties. There exists only one other thing more primal than these duties, obligations and privileges, and that is the worshipful recognition and loving response to the Eternal Father, the Primal Source from whence this tremendous reality issues.

Theologies and ideologies reflect the time and place, as well as the level of enlightenment of the individuals and people wherein, wherefrom and through whom they originate. These very material facts, the diversity of their origins and the relationships that govern them, imply that theologies and ideologies inevitably become contaminated by materialistic thinking - materialism. Our perception of the unifying and indivisible truth from whence we all draw our existence is thus obscured and refracted and, consequently, is our primordial sense of loyalty and brotherhood corrupted, distorted, perverted and twisted. In our confusion, we mistake brothers for enemies and out of the dark fear soil of the human heart spring vengeance and violence, hatred and wrath, the Masters of Woe, the Architects of Tragedy, Sorrow and Heartache.

Once we learn to spiritually transcend material differences; racial, national, religious and ideological, and from that exalted perspective learn to perceive the underlying unity that creatively binds all this endless diversity, then will we have entered truly and fully into the clear light of unending truth and therein shall the darkness of our ignorance no more be found and our cup of joy will be filled to overflowing!

Please Join Me On

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
The Strange Preacher
Forum Administrator

Are you a student of the Urantia Book?: Yes, I am a reader of the Uranta Book.
Urantia Book Study Poll: 14

Return to IRELAND - The Strange Preacher