The Father

Luke 9: 49 - 51 talks about a Strange Preacher, a fellow that preached the gospel without sanction of the official or original teachers i.e.: the Apostles or the Master. He was so inspired by the gospel that he took it upon himself to go out and preach the good news. When John saw this he spoke with Jesus and wanted him censured but Jesus forbade such action, declaring that 'he that is not against us, is for us.' Thus I model myself after the Strange Preacher.

I want to teach the gospel as I see it, without the constraints of tradition. However, I should make clear, I'm not personally opposed to any tradition. Strange Preacher Ministries recognises that while we all walk different religious paths we are one spiritual family and so seek to promote that sense of spiritual family by offering a forum whereby we can share the spiritual riches of our respective traditions
View my complete profile

The Father

Unread postby The Strange Preacher » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:20 pm

Image ImageImage ImageImage

The Father

Sunday, 19 January 2014
By The Strange Preacher

The Father

There lives within you the power that formed the universe. There lives within you the guiding voice of the Architect of all Creation. Behold the Heavens, even the Heaven of Heavens! Great is the power of the Almighty, who holds the stars of Heaven in his palms and plants them where he wills. Behold infinite cosmic Father! Bring unto him your troubles, nothing is too big or small for him. If he, with a shout, can shake the Heavens – how much more will your troubles tremble before his might!

He is the Creator of the Heavens and the Earth, of time and space, doubt not that he would be glad to make time for you! Open your heart to his instruction. Trust wholeheartedly in the righteousness and efficacy of his ways. His plans are infinite, his goals are eternal so let not yourself be perturbed by the small things of time.

Learn of him and his ways, make your world richer by daring to be like him. Lend your shoulder to his great work; give those that thirst something to drink, those that hunger something that nourishes, give protection to them that are exposed and vulnerable, open those eyes blinded by spiritual darkness, point the way for those that are lost, liberate those captivated by fear and loose tongues that they may sing his praise!

You are his beloved child and you are loved more than you can imagine. It is the father’s delight to shoo away the Boogey Man of your fears; to give you peace, courage and hope, but until you learn to trust him you will remain trapped in the realm of your own fears – trust is the key to realising your fondest hopes. Your father will not vanquish your demons for you. He desires that his children be able to stand on their own two feet but neither will he let you struggle on your own, he will always be one hundred percent behind you – he believes in you – even when everyone else would give up. You might doubt yourself but he doesn’t doubt you.

The father will not rob you of the dignity of your achievements by doing all things for you. Moreover, he knows well what you are capable of and has set his angels the task of trying and testing you – charged them with the sacred duty of making you the best and strongest person you can be. Bearing such a commission one cannot expect an easy life, more likely a life of struggle relieved now and then by small islands of respite and rest. The love of the father makes his children strong, it is not that unwise love that indulges children and makes them weak. His is a fearless love! It does not shrink or complain about unavoidable hardships, nor flinch when sending instructive discipline upon his wayward children.

Fear not to bring your joys and hopes to him, your laughter and excitement, your dreams and adventures, for what father does not treasure to listen to his child tell their story with great excitement and energy; what father is not brought to joyful tears to see his child thrilled by his existence; or is not puffed large when the child swears to honour his generosity, kindness, wisdom and faith. Even as the father can fill your cup of joy to overflowing, you can do the same for your heavenly father when you sincerely, faithfully and humbly – even joyfully and gladly – put at his service everything he has helped you become. Rest assured when you give him everything, you lose nothing!

Join the discussion:
You must be logged in to post a comment. If you haven't registered yet, click here to register. (It's quick, easy and free. And we won't give your email address to anyone.)

Please Join Me On

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
The Strange Preacher
Forum Administrator

Are you a student of the Urantia Book?: Yes, I am a reader of the Uranta Book.
Urantia Book Study Poll: 14

Return to IRELAND - The Strange Preacher