Ernest Moyer WORLD DESTINY Forum.
Discuss a world altered by a Divine Revelation of Truth

The Coming of the Sons of God - Our Imminent Service

Unread postby epmoyer » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:08 am

Our Imminent Service
Part I THE VEIL HAS BEEN TORN ASIDE
Part II HE IS HERE, NOW, AMONGST YOU
Part III THE COMING OF THE SONS OF GOD
Part IV *EVIL* The likes of which your mind could never possibly conceive.
Part V TRANQUILITY AND LOVE
Part VI "We Will Foster and Conserve the Higher Spiritual Types"

By Ernest Moyer

Cover Letter

This paper is in response to an Internet post by Judy Tuttle.
See "For What It's Worth," November 14, 1998
It is the introduction to a series of six Papers on Our Imminent Service, inspired by Judy's message, shown below.
Judy and I were both members of the World-Destiny discussion list. Refer to previous correspondence.

Judy:

Judy Tuttle <lotus144@USA.NET>

I am deeply impressed by your "spiritual messages."

The "private revelation" you offered to our list is so harmonious with historic revelations, and so important, I felt I should lay out the elements in detail. It is highly enlightening, and may be instructive to others. The fact that you "received" this message is verification of the events which are about to unfold.

You said:

"Congregavit nos in unum Christi amor."
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 1998 11:49:31 -0800

FWIW, I found the original message dated Sunday, June 29, 1997. Looking it now, the time frame seems out of whack. But, what do I know. I awakened at 4:44 A.M. from what seemed to be a restful sleep. All of a sudden I experience gripping pains in my chest and thought I possibly was having a heart attack. I lay there wondering if I should call the paramedics or just wait and see. I didn't want to be embarrassed if it was a false alarm, yet waiting too long would render me incapable of calling. I opted to wait. The pain subsided, yet I was left in a state of extreme agitation, pacing back in forth like a caged animal. I decided to go outside and then kept pacing some more. Finally, a message came to me after which I experienced a serene calm and tranquility. If you recall, I have been given the one quote twice, now.

For FWIW, here it is:

The veil has been torn aside. It is no longer the advent of the Antichrist. He is here, now, amongst you, sitting gleefully upon his throne. It is time for the Sons of God to come together. This period will be very intense , but short, ending in the year 2000. You will witness *evil* the likes of which your mind could never possibly conceive. It is not necessary to make physical preparation. You will be surrounded by a cloak of spiritual tranquility and love. Fear not! This has been your purpose. You have our love and protection. "We will foster and conserve the higher spiritual types."

"Congregavit nos in unum Christi amor."

P.S. I have proceeded to make physical preparation, providing me with what is perhaps a false sense of control over my life.

I am uncertain what you mean by "If you recall, I have been given the one quote twice, now." I did a search on recent posts and could not find it. I do not recall you offering this twice but, perhaps, in the haste of reading posts, I slid by it. I certainly hope not. It is far too important to assign to neglect.

I really am captivated by your FWIW. If I see FWIW in your posts I take special care. As you know, I have responded to your FWIW now on several occasions.

This brief statement summarizes the situation we face, and describes the episode for which we have been called. I shall go through the statement piece by piece, in meticulous detail. This will force me to a series of posts, to prevent overloading one transmission, and to prevent scaring off others who do not want to wade through long posts.

I ask your permission to send this to a wider distribution. I feel it is so important that persons who are not members of this list should know about it. I shall repeat the message with each part, to avoid confusion.

I shall divide my commentary as follows:

Part 1:

The veil has been torn aside.

Not until after 1990 did I fully perceive the role of Caligastia, and how he would marshal his cadre.

Part 2:

It is no longer the advent of the Antichrist. He is here, now, amongst you, sitting gleefully upon his throne.

This event was revealed, but so beclouded with corruption of revelation, and the foolish notions of the generations, we could not understand how it would unfold.

Part 3:

It is time for the Sons of God to come together.

This is the unmasking of those who have been prepared for the new revelation task. How much they will come together physically is uncertain. See my web site, letter to Bobbie Drier, and so on.

Part 4:

This period will be very intense, but short, ending in the year 2000.

We should not expect "time" to end in 2,000. Events will continue to unfold to the nuclear holocaust, after 2,000, but the revelation period will end shortly thereupon.

You will witness *evil* the likes of which your mind could never possibly conceive.

Mankind is unprepared for the intensity of these evil events. We have no descriptive words, or historic example, to portray that which is coming down upon us.

Part 5:

It is not necessary to make physical preparation. You will be surrounded by a cloak of spiritual tranquility and love. Fear not! This has been your purpose. You have our love and protection.

This should indicate to you why I have not made preparations for my physical safety. Our safety is in God's hands. No amount of physical preparation will be adequate to the events which are about to unfold. The Y2K problem may just simply disappear in the context of these events.

Part 6:

"We will foster and conserve the higher spiritual types."

This has been the central thesis of my work. Refer to my web site. We have one purpose, and that is to see this action come to fruition. However, in the process, to bring understanding, we must explain God, his purpose, our eternal careers, the Kingdom of Heaven, and all associated elements.

"When this gospel of the Kingdom has been proclaimed to the whole world, the end will come."

That is our task.

Explicit discussions to follow in separate Parts.

Ernest

Home
epmoyer
Forum Administrator

Are you a student of the Urantia Book?: Yes, I am a reader of the Uranta Book.
Urantia Book Study Poll: 44

Our Imminent Service - Part I THE VEIL HAS BEEN TORN ASIDE

Unread postby Paul Kemp » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:25 am

OUR IMMINENT SERVICE

Part I THE VEIL HAS BEEN TORN ASIDE
By Ernest Moyer

As given to Judy Tuttle:

The veil has been torn aside. It is no longer the advent of the Antichrist. He is here, now, amongst you, sitting gleefully upon his throne. It is time for the Sons of God to come together. This period will be very intense , but short, ending in the year 2000. You will witness *evil* the likes of which your mind could never possibly conceive. It is not necessary to make physical preparation. You will be surrounded by a cloak of spiritual tranquility and love. Fear not! This has been your purpose. You have our love and protection. "We will foster and conserve the higher spiritual types."

I understand the veil as that lack of perception in which God held his people for 2,000 years. It was necessary to unfolding planetary destiny that man not jeopardize God's plan. Therefore, although he made these events known to us in various historic revelations, he did not make them discernible to us. Only within the past few years has this revelation been opened to us.

Personally, I did not begin to understand these episodes until around 1990. Although I was aware of the dangers of Caligastia from my fundamentalist childhood, until now I did not perceive how he would come into power. The several revelations in the Bible were an uncoordinated mixture of elements which I could not properly put together. Then it began to slowly dawn on me how this was going to unfold. Members of the local Urantia groups in the Baltimore-Washington area watched my awareness develop and eventually concluded I had been carried away with my intensity. Urantians such as Preston Thomas, Stevie Shaefer, Buddy Roogow, Ellen Walker and others can testify to this personal development.

Hence, I can personally witness to the manner in which the veil has been torn aside.

The key is captured in one simple phrase, "Spirit Entry Into Human Mind." Until I had clarified this concept I do not believe another human mortal had grasped the consequence of such spiritual transactions. Two thousand years of Christianity, and forty years of the Urantia community, failed to capture the mechanism by which Caligastia can wreck his havoc.

Numerous varied and assorted interpretations of the biblical material were offered by Christians over the centuries. They still struggle, assigning the revelation episodes to a malevolent personality who takes on mortal form, who "sits on a throne in the Temple" bringing world dictatorship, who uses the number 666 for his identification, and so on, and so on. Most conspiracy theories are woven around such concept, including the use of the United Nations to rule the world.

These interpretations are all "political" in that they assume this evil personality will take up an earthly throne, and assume world political, as well as evil spiritual rule.

The basis for this view is found in remarks Paul made in 2 Thessalonians 2:1-12 but, through mistranslation, this passage has totally befuddled Christian understanding. I shall discuss this problem in depth in this series of posts.

Now that God has opened revelation we can find a different view. This crucial difference is why I am so adamantly opposed to wild and imaginative conspiracy theories.

The coming terror will not be political. It will be spiritual.

Before continuing discussion I should point out some of the elements which affect our assessments.

As far as we can determine, the coming persecutions will take place under a functional social environment. The social circumstances will not deteriorate to rampant police or military slaughter. The slaughter will come from Caligastia's agents, operating under his spirit control, because they gave themselves to him. Society continues, and most citizen's accept it.

How these operations will take place within a functional society is unknown to me. Why would society tolerate such activities? Does a new-age President also become part of that cadre, issuing decrees which permit them to go about their deadly work? I do not know. These details are unrevealed.

We also do not know if economic circumstances may deteriorate to the point that dictatorial imposition will be necessary by national governments to maintain social order. Such imposition is suggested by John's Revelation, in Chapter 13, and the description of a "small beast" with gentle appearance but which wields great power. The corrupt description suggests an image of computers. As I showed in other posts, the number 666 already is used universally as the UPC, the Universal Product Code, and we all are subject to that computer tool when we buy and sell. The other feature of computer social control is the Social Security, or Coded Card, identification now used well nigh universally around the world to coordinate and centralize information for governments and institutions. We cannot buy or sell without such number. Other than this short piece in John's Revelation we have no evidence for dictatorial social control. John may not have intended more than to describe the secular and godless economic and government control through computers under which we all now operate, even though his images carry sinister portent.

I shall now quote from a text which is not found in any modern edition of the Bible, but which is found in ancient manuscripts. In centuries past this passage was included in Bible printings, but in the past two centuries this passage has been excised from the text.

Mark 16: (14-15) And they excused themselves, saying that this age of lawlessness and unbelief is under Satan, who, through the agency of unclean spirits, does not allow the true power of God to be apprehended. Wherefore, they said to Christ, 'reveal now Thy righteousness.' And Christ said to them, 'The limit of the years of Satan's authority has been fulfilled, but other terrors draw near, and I am delivered up of death on behalf of those that have sinned, that they may be turned to the truth and sin no more, so that they may inherit the spiritual and incorruptible glory of righteousness in heaven.'

The New Oxford Annotated (RSV) Bible, 1973, makes the remark that ". . . a few authorities insert additional material after verse 14," but does not quote the text.

Four reasons exist for this not being included in modern Bibles.

First, the text does not appear in the most ancient manuscripts; it appears in later manuscripts.

Second, the character of the writing appears expository, as later Christian commentary, not as something that was part of the original Mark gospel.

Third, the passage is highly disturbing; it makes specific assignment of the activities of the Devil. That assignment is in the sordid practices of spiritualism and spiritism, the agency of unclean spirits. The spirits are unclean (sordid) because they enter human mind. Modern men are unwilling to accept that evil spirit personalities might work through human mind.

Four, confusion exists on the role of "Satan." If his authority has been "fulfilled," how can he be connected to "other terrors" which draw near?

This passage, because of its relegation to obscurity, was a key element in maintaining the veil God placed upon his revelations.

This text is quoted in the International Critical Commentary under the section dealing with John 16:11. It also appears in the exhaustive critical edition of The Greek New Testament by Kurt Aland, Matthew Black, Carlo Martini, Bruce Metzgar, and Allen Wikgren, published by the United Bible Societies, 1968, who included reference to all Greek manuscripts known to that date.

The commentator in ICC goes on to remark that:

"The impending 'terrors' may be the persecutions foretold in John 16:2-3."

Indeed, that is exactly what is going on.

The text in John, runs as follows:

John 16:

2 They will put you out of the synagogues; indeed, the hour is coming when whoever kills you will think he is offering service to God.
3 And they will do this because they have not known the Father, nor me.
4 But I have said these things to you, that when their hour comes you may remember that I told you of them. I did not say these things to you from the beginning, because I was with you.

The parallel text in the Urantia Papers, offering the same warning, may be found on page 1951.

Invariably, Christians believe this passage refers to early Christian persecutions. The phrase "put you out of the synagogues" suggests Jewish persecutions. No Christian will assign this to Roman persecutions because the statement is made that these malevolent forces are "offering service to God." The pagan Romans would not be offering service to "God." Only the Jews would have brought persecutions to offer their service to God is suppressing the new sect.

As I show on my web site, this assignment to Jewish persecution is also fallacious. The ferocious persecutions against the new sect were conducted by Paul, but he barely started when Jesus appeared to him on the road to Damascus, and terminated that activity. His conversion turned him directly opposite. He became a proponent of the new belief, rather than its persecutor.

This appearance by Jesus not only stopped Paul dead in his tracks; it also stifled further efforts by the Jewish authorities to suppress the new sect. Paul was their fair-haired boy, a young man when he ordered the stoning of Stephen, Acts 7:58. Immediately thereafter Paul sought and was granted letters of authority to round up members of the new sect who had scattered to various places, Acts 9:2, 11:19. But the extraordinary experience of Paul scared the living daylights out of Jewish authorities. Many of the Sanhedrin then came to fear they might be in rebellion against God. Unfortunately, discussion of these matters are not included in Luke's text in Acts. Also, it appears that later Christians, working under the burden that the biblical text was speaking of early Jewish persecutions, did not rigorously examine the consequences of Paul's conversion. That aftermath must be deduced from the unfolding of events.

We should remember that the apostles continued to live in Jerusalem, worshiping the new way, preaching and teaching, directly under the nose of Jewish authorities. Paul later visited with them in Jerusalem, Acts 15:2-4. A man named Philip openly proselytized in Caesarea, with a group of disciples, Acts 21. Thus, the Jewish persecutions were limited to the earliest days and were later discontinued. After the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD there was no Sanhedrin, nor were there Jewish authorities to bring such persecutions. Only here and there, scattered in other countries, were a few Christians persecuted by Jews. They became the "martyrs" of such famous reputation. But on the whole, Jewish persecutions were not organized and were not widespread.

The intensity of the historic persecutions described in the book of Acts, including Paul's remarks, must be weighed in the light of this practical reality.

Could the remarks of Jesus in John 16:2 then apply to those persecutions, or did Jesus intend some other episode in world destiny? Did the Catholic Inquisition fit this description? Did other Christian persecutions?

Jesus spoke of a unique episode that derived from "Satan." Historic religious persecutions did not fulfill this prophecy.

The agency of the coming terror is through Unclean Spirits.

Home

Join the discussion:
You must be logged in to post a comment. If you haven't registered yet, click here to register. (It's quick, easy and free. And we won't give your email address to anyone.)
Paul Kemp
Site Admin

Urantia Book Study Poll: 29

Our Imminent Service - Part II - HE IS HERE, NOW, AMONGST YO

Unread postby Paul Kemp » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:03 am

OUR IMMINENT SERVICE

Part II - HE IS HERE, NOW, AMONGST YOU

As given to Judy Tuttle:

In this paper I shall emphasize:

It is no longer the advent of the Antichrist. He is here, now, amongst you, sitting gleefully upon his throne.

First we must reexamine the statement by Jesus found in the excised Mark text. Refer to Part I of this series of papers.

"The limit of the years of Satan's authority has been fulfilled, but other terrors draw near."

These two thoughts are linked together.

The end of the Caligastian rule is stated clearly.

"Caligastia was recognized by the Son of Man as the technical Prince of Urantia up to near the time of his death. Said Jesus: "Now is the judgment of this world; now shall the prince of this world be cast down." And then still nearer the completion of his lifework he announced, "The prince of this world is judged." And it is this same dethroned and discredited Prince who was once termed "God of Urantia."" "It must be remembered that Caligastia was still the titular Planetary Prince of Urantia, a misguided but nevertheless high Son of the local universe. He was not finally deposed until the times of Christ Michael on Urantia." "The power of the fallen Prince to disturb human affairs was enormously curtailed by the mortal incarnation of Machiventa Melchizedek in the days of Abraham; and subsequently, during the life of Michael in the flesh, this traitorous Prince was finally shorn of all authority on Urantia."

Although he was shorn of all authority, and his power to disturb human affairs was enormously curtailed, he is still present, and has certain powers reserved to him.

He has now been released to this new and dramatic episode in planetary cosmic affairs.

"The "devil" is none other than Caligastia, the deposed Planetary Prince of Urantia . . ." "The last act of Michael before leaving Urantia was to offer mercy to Caligastia and Daligastia, but they spurned his tender proffer. Caligastia, your apostate Planetary Prince, is still free on Urantia to prosecute his nefarious designs, but he has absolutely no power to enter the minds of men, neither can he draw near to their souls to tempt or corrupt them unless they really desire to be cursed with his wicked presence."

From these revelations we can define some aspects of his current power.

He can enter our minds, and draw near to our souls to tempt and corrupt us, if we really desire to be cursed with his wicked presence.

We should give due regard to the fact that men do not invite evil into their minds through conscious choice. They would not invite the Devil into their minds if they knew he was the Devil. But they definitely invite Spirit Personalities who operate under aliases. When men say, "Spirit, come talk with me." they have no power to define which Spirit will come. They invite any receptive Spirit into their minds. Only two Spirits now resident on this planet would engage in such sordid practices: Caligastia and his equally contemptible brother, Daligastia. Thus they demonstrate that they wish to be cursed with the wicked presence of Caligastia if he desires to enter their minds.

Since the Spiritists cannot specify which Spirit will come into their minds, they exhibit desire to consult with the Spirits, regardless of source. They do so because they do not believe evil Spirits now roam the world, waiting to trap them. They do not discriminate between good Spirits and bad Spirits. Thus they do not discriminate between God and the Devil. Hence, they do not know the Father nor Jesus. If they knew the Father and Jesus they would be loyal; they would not chase random spirits.

Furthermore, when they invite the Spirits into their minds they give over their will to those Spirits. They give over their will because the Spirits are personalities. Since the Spirits are superhuman personalities they will not subject themselves to human will. Two personalities, expressing will, cannot function in the same mind simultaneously. Hence the Spirits will enter human mind only if that human mortal is willing to host that foreign personality by relinquishing his will to that foreign personality.

Angels and other loyal spirit beings do not invade the sanctity of human mind. Caligastia does not respect the sanctity of human mind. He has contempt for human mortals.

If we return to the excised Mark text we can gain further insight into this unusual planetary episode, and how the rebel Prince takes up his "throne."

And they excused themselves, saying that this age of lawlessness and unbelief is under Satan, who, through the agency of unclean spirits, does not allow the true power of God to be apprehended.

1. The Prince of this World acts through the agency of "unclean spirits." Or, stated otherwise, through "seducing spirits." See I Tim 4:1. That power has been reserved to him, and is the method by which he now accomplishes his nefarious designs.

2. Through this agency the true power of God cannot be apprehended. The agency of "unclean spirits" camouflages a true relationship with God. This "God" effectively turns his "believers" into false and destructive directions.

3. The persecutions he will bring through the agency of "unclean spirits" are recognized for their "terror" content. Although he may have brought "terror" to previous world regimes, other, more horrible, terrors draw near.

All residents of this planet will experience a true spiritual judgment.

This small section, and its history deduced from surviving manuscripts, added some time after the first century, demonstrates that knowledge, discussion, and considerable interest in Jesus' prediction was current in early Christian days. It was part of the body of early Christian thought. As the centuries passed the significance of Jesus' remarks became diluted, while practical belief of devil's work faded under increasing skepticism. The Devil gained ever tighter grip on the attitudes of the generations.

As we approached this century the validity of those remarks were increasingly discounted. Those fundamentalist groups who continued to believe in the Devil were buried beneath the debris of mythology and mysticism. Hence, the fearful tone and apprehensive nature of the Mark appended text caused it to be excluded from modern editions. Godless generations discount the reality of spirit personalities; they do not believe the "Devil" would have such power. This suppression is an excellent indicator of how this Prince has blinded the minds of the generations.

What is meant by unclean spirits?

They are unclean because they engage in the sordid practice of entering human mind. They seduce because they teach philosophies counter to righteousness and holiness. They provide "revelations" intended to subvert God and his salvation program.

In many cases in the New Testament the phrase "unclean spirits" meant demonic possession, the actual seizure of certain human mortals by rebel spirits. See Mark 1:23f, 3:11, 7:25, Luke 9:42, Acts 8:7, and so on. In some cases the context is uncertain; it could mean spirits who do not actually possess human mortals, but merely communicate with them in their minds. See Mark 6:7, Luke 6:18, Acts 5:16, and so on. Notably, references to unclean spirits do not appear in John's gospel. He wrote nearly seventy years after Jesus had rounded up all the rebel midwayers and seraphim.

We can thus define the manner in which Caligastia is now upon his "throne." He does not actually sit in political physical rule; he sits in spiritual rule by his ability to influence the minds of those who are unrighteous.

The manner in which the "Anti-Christ" is now operating among us may be determined from several biblical passages. First, look at the remarks by Paul concerning the appearance of this rebel Prince.

The normal (RSV) translation is:

II Th 2:1-12

Now concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our assembling to meet him, we beg you, brethren, not to be quickly shaken in mind or excited, either by spirit or by word, or by letter purporting to be from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come. Let no one deceive you in any way; for that day will not come, unless the rebellion comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself against every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, proclaiming himself to be God. Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you this? And you know what is restraining him now so that he may be revealed in his time. For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only he who now restrains it will do so until he is out of the way. And then the lawless one will be revealed, and the Lord Jesus will slay him with the breath of his mouth and destroy him by his appearing and his coming. The coming of the lawless one by the activity of Satan will be with all power and with pretended signs and wonders, and with all wicked deception for those who are to perish, because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. Therefore God sends upon them a strong delusion, to make them believe what is false, so that all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

In a marvelous way this statement summarizes our present situation -- if we can get the translation straight.

The trouble centers in the phrase: "so that he takes his seat in the temple of God."

No Temple

The first problem is "temple."

The New Testament uses two Greek words which are translated as "Temple." The first is heiron; it meant a sacred place. In Mark 11:11 the word denoted the entire Jerusalem building with its precincts. This word was never used figuratively.

The second word is naos. It meant "a shrine or sanctuary." It was used both figuratively and metaphorically. The naos of the Jerusalem temple was the inner sanctuary, the holy of holies, where only the priests could enter. The word was used among Greeks and Romans as the "shrine" containing the idol of worship. The word was used figuratively by Jesus of his own physical body, John 2:19,21. In apostolic teaching it was used metaphorically for the church, the mystical body

of Christ, Eph 2:21. It was also used by John, both literally and figuratively, in Rev 3:12, 7:15, 11:19, 14:15,17, 15:5,6,8 16:1,17 and of the "Temple" of the new and heavenly Jerusalem, Rev 21:22.

Paul used the word naos is this passage. Therefore, the word does not mean a physical temple but more properly a "sanctuary." Paul said that this personality "takes his seat" in the sanctuary of God, not in the temple of God.

This is a major difference. The "sanctuary" may be any place held apart for safety. Thus God may have given him a "sanctuary" from internment, as the other rebel Sons were interred, or from judgement, as the decree handed down by Uversa will bring the flashing broadcast for annihilation of the rebels but has not yet been issued. See the Urantia Papers p. 611.

When the translators used "temple" they believed Paul meant a physical temple, rather than a spiritual sanctuary, and this view has conditioned untold generations of men and women to false notions of these transactions.

No Seat

The second problem is "so that he takes his seat."

This translated phrase has a subject "he", a verb "takes," and an object "seat."

The verb and the object do not exist in the Greek text. They are inferred by the translator's view of Paul's intent.

Literally, from Greek to English:

ooste = so as
auton = him
eis = in
ton = the
naon = sanctuary
tou = ---
Theou = of God
kathesai = to sit

The verb "kathesai = to sit" is an aorist infinitive. An aorist verb "expresses action without further limitation or implication." An infinitive is a verbal substantive, which means it is not a verb in the full sense; it is a verbal noun. The infinitive then led to the idea of a "seat."

Consider how the identical word "kathesai" is translated in Acts 8:31.

"And he invited Philip to come up and sit with him."

Again, in Rev 3:21.

"He who overcomes, I will grant him to sit with me on my throne . . ."

Simply, the word means "to sit." The Greek says nothing about "taking a seat."

The "sitting" does not mean sitting on a throne. It means an occupancy. It means taking advantage of the sanctuary Michael provided for him by leaving him free on this planet to prosecute his nefarious designs.

So, translated according to Paul's original intent, "in order for him to sit (seek refuge) in the sanctuary of (provided by) God."

No Man

The next crucial question: is this is a man, or a god?

"the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself against every so-called god or object of worship . . . proclaiming himself to be God."

This was Paul's great confusion. He mixed revelation about the end of the current age with the end of the millennium. Either he was not told that these two great events were separated in time, or he did not recognize that the rebel personality would appear at both times.

The appearance of the Son of Perdition at the end of the Millennium is predicted in John's Revelation, 20:1-3 and 7-8. In the last verse he is identified as Gog.

This appearance is also predicted in Ezek 38 and 39 where he is also identified as Gog. Without question, he appears as a man.

But when Jesus spoke about the end of the age, as recorded by John, he spoke of the Prince of this World, the Planetary Prince, as a spirit Prince, and not as a man. He said,

John 14:30 - "I will no longer talk much with you, for the Prince of this world is coming." See also 12:31 and 16:11.

Even Paul spoke of him as a spirit being in 2 Cor 4:4.

"In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the likeness of God."

The phrase "son of perdition" is used by both John, 17:12, and by Paul, showing that both were describing the same spirit personality.

This confusion in the two planetary judgment events has never been recognized in Christian theology, and has served to blind all Christians to the unfolding of God's will, both now, at the end of this age, and in the future, at the end of the Millennium. Millions upon millions of Christians are hung up on this confusion.

Therefore, the acts today of "the son of perdition" will be as a spirit entity, and not as a man.

No God

The most revealing part of that troublesome sentence is the last: "proclaiming himself to be God."

This he does every day, in the many transmissions he offers through the minds of the spiritists. He proclaims himself to be Michael. He proclaims himself to be Christ. A Course In Miracles is the glaring example. (He does not proclaim himself to be Jesus.) And he proclaims himself to be other gods, notably Melchizedek.

No Memory

Paul went on to say:

Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you this?

Well, he may have told the Thessalonians but he didn't tell us, and the generations have speculated over his remark.

No Restraint

(I offer literal transliteration to show the intent of Paul's remarks.)

And you know the restraining now, so that he may be revealed in his time.

Again, Paul makes a remark which remained a mystery for us. If Paul explained the restraining to the Thessalonians he made no record of it, and we do not know what he meant.

For us, in practical terms, Michael restrained the power of the "son of perdition" until now, at the end of the age, so that he would not prematurely upset the fragile framework of planetary destiny, but we must deduce that restraining.

For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only there is restraining now until out of the midst he comes.

This is another bewildering sentence. Again, I have understood this to mean that Michael restrained his freedom, even though Caligastia continued to work through the centuries, but has now gotten out of the rebel's way. "Out of the midst" then means his emergence from his spiritual restraint to open display of his power.

Importantly, if one goes back into the history of spiritualism, and psychic phenomena, one may note a marked difference between the last fifty years and preceding centuries. Reception by Spirits into human mind was not nearly so widespread as today. If one wanted to consult the Spirits one engaged a "medium" who then served as a "transmitter-receiver" to the Spirit entity. With the onset of the word "channeling" more and more individuals could contact the Spirit directly. This contact is now widespread, limited only by those who do not have the correct "tuning" to the Spirits. They are the fortunate ones.

When Jesus returns to judge this age, Urantia Papers, page 1915, he will place him under arrest until the end of the Millennium. But that arrest will not come until after the persecutions.

The coming of the lawless one by the activity of Satan will be with all power and with pretended signs and wonders, and with all wicked deception for those who are to perish, because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. Therefore God sends upon them a strong delusion, to make them believe what is false, so that all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

This statement by Paul may be compared with the passage in John's Revelation.

Rev 13:5-8

5 And the beast was given a mouth uttering haughty and blasphemous words, and it was allowed to exercise authority for forty-two months;

6 it opened its mouth to utter blasphemies against God, blaspheming his name and his dwelling, that is, those who dwell in heaven.

7 Also it was allowed to make war on the saints and to conquer them. And authority was given it over every tribe and people and tongue and nation,

8 and all who dwell on earth will worship it, every one whose name has not been written before the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb that was slain.

John also offered us difficulty in understanding by his use of extreme phrases. The beast, of course, is Caligastia.

"Authority was given it over every tribe and people and tongue and nation" means that his influence permeates every corner of the globe, every tribe and people and tongue and nation. The phrase does not mean physical political rule, in a mortal form that we all can gaze upon. The phrase means that Michael released this Prince from his restraint.

The blasphemies against God and those who dwell in heaven are the "revelations" he provides every day when he pretends to be Michael, or Christ, or Melchizedek.

The war on the saints is the persecutions we all will now experience through the Spiritists. They will bring unimaginable terror among us.

We do not know how many of human kind will bow down to the power of this rebel, when he brings his cadre into action. I am sure many weak and fragile souls will knuckle under to his commands. The many millions of people who are persuaded by every passing mania, and by every fear, will follow him.

But God's people will remain faithful to God, regardless of personal cost, even to death.

Our service will be to explain these spiritual transactions to befuddled, bewildered, and confused Christianity, and to the rest of the world.

Ernest

Home

Join the discussion:
You must be logged in to post a comment. If you haven't registered yet, click here to register. (It's quick, easy and free. And we won't give your email address to anyone.)
Paul Kemp
Site Admin

Urantia Book Study Poll: 29

Return to UNITED STATES - World Destiny